If you have items checked out from either a UW Colleges or another UW System library, you can renew your items online using the new Search@ UW.
- Click on Sign in in the upper right hand corner.
- You will be prompted to provide your username and password. This is the same username and password that you use to login to email.
- In the upper right hand corner, you will see a link to My Account - and your name
- Click on the link and the items you have checked out will be listed below according to which library you have them checked out from. Note all UW Colleges library materials are grouped together at the top under Colleges, no matter what library they are from.
- Click the Renew button to the right of the item to renew the item. A confirmation at the top of the screen will tell you if the item renewed or not and the due date of the item will reflect the new due date.
- To renew an item from one of the UW 4 year institutions, you will need to click the link and enter your barcode (which is found on your id card) and your last name. Then in this new screen, check the box to the left of the item and click the renew items box.
- NOTE: each library in the UW System sets their own limits for how long an item can be checked out and they range from 7 days to a whole semester, so be sure to check the due date of each item in your account. Also, items are usually limited to one or two renewals. If you have already renewed an item and find you cannot renew it again, please contact your local librarian for assistance.