After a student files a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), he or she will receive an email with a link to access the Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is a record of the information on the application for review. If a valid email address was not provided, a paper copy will be mailed.
Review the SAR carefully. If changes are needed make corrections to the FAFSA information by following the steps included on the SAR. Make corrections at www.fafsa.gov.
Financial Aid Checklist
- Confirm admission to one of the 13 UW Colleges campuses or UWC Online: Student Affairs Offices
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov. Use UW Colleges school code: 003897
- Be patient! Processing of aid takes time.
- Provide additional information if requested by the Student Financial Aid Office. This may include Verification documents.
- Review Award Offer along with Financial Aid Award Guide - accept or decline aid offered. Return Award Offer to the Student Affairs Office on campus.
- If accepting a student loan, complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- If accepting a student loan, complete Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) with Federal Student Aid PIN.
Financial aid eligibility will be based on the credits for which students are enrolled in as of the 10th day of each term at 11:59 PM. Financial aid funds will be credited (disbursed) to UW Colleges student account the next day. Checks for any remaining funds will be mailed following disbursement. Summer aid has different disbursement dates, please refer to the Summer Award Guide.