Congratulations and Welcome to the UW Colleges community! Download the New Student Checklist to keep track of your tasks and deadlines or reference the list below.
- Sign up for your Campus E-mail, D2L & PRISM accounts. www.uwc.edu/prism/home (use your Student ID#) (As soon as possible)
- Arrange for your final official transcript (high school & college if applicable) to be sent to UW Colleges Admissions Office, 780 Regent Street, Madison, WI 53715
- Optional: If you will be living in on-campus housing, complete the contract and return it with the housing deposit. (As soon as possible)
Register For Classes
- Take the UW System Placement Tests. Check your campus email for registration details.
- Attend an Advising & Registration session. Check your campus email to register for an A&R Session. Fall Semester: May - August, Spring Semester: November - January
- Remember - You must take the Placement Exams prior to your advising session, activate your campus PRISM & email accounts and sign the UW Colleges Terms and Conditions Agreement found under Finances in your PRISM account.
Paying For College
- Apply for financial aid with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. The UW Colleges school code is #003897. (Application available October 1)
- Accept your Financial Aid Award Offer. Find it in your PRISM account, under Finances accept/decline.
- Pay your tuition or set up a payment plan by the 10th Day of Classes. Your tuition bill is viewable in PRISM. You will not receive a bill or invoice by any other means.
Start Your Semester
- All new students are required to attend Orientation. Take this time to get your Student ID and pick up your textbooks. Parents and guests are welcome to attend. Check your campus email for registration details. Fall Semester: August, Spring Semester: January
- Classes begin! Attend the first day of all your classes – if you don’t you will be dropped from the class. Attend on campus activities between classes and meet new people!
If you have questions contact the Solution Center at 1-888-UWC (888-463-6892).